Board Members & Key Tribe Members
Lauren Kincaid- Founder & Executive Director
Lauren Kincaid is a lover of Jesus, her human and furry dog family, beaches, and all things organic. She is also the leader and founder of Sea Turtle Ministries.
This ministry has been birthed out of her desire to see young people find their passion and purpose in Christ. With a career background in social work, education, and business, she received a midlife calling into ministry with young adults in the city of Charleston.
Lauren’s two sons attended College of Charleston, and during frequent trips to this city, and on prayer walks, she began to see the struggles that many people experience, and a desire was born in her that burns brighter each year to shine the light of Christ in ways that transform lives.
From this passion, Sea Turtle Ministries was born. And ever since, Sea Turtle Ministries has been connecting with young adults, coming alongside them during their important transition into adulthood, helping them shape their visions, and grow in their faith and in life.
Her goal is to activate the body of Christ to step up as leaders and mentors to young adults. To link arms and form a team to come alongside to mentor and disciple college students and emerging adults (18-30), from ALL walks of life- from high capacity leaders to those who are struggling with homelessness. And to bring prayers, love, hope, encouragement, restoration and concrete assistance to those who are dealing with challenging situations.
Upon retirement, this passion to be God’s servant became Chris’s much loved goal. The ministry of the Rural Mission on the coastal sea islands near Charleston placed him in firsthand contact with serving impoverished rural families enduring in real hardships.
Chris pours his heart into the needs of elderly, alone, and disabled people in his community at East Cooper Meals on Wheels. He learned quickly that this mission went far beyond his deliverance of delicious meals. He says that volunteers were literally Christ coming to the door!!!
Chris believes that his opportunity to serve with Sea Turtle Ministries will only inspire young adults to seek God and for their spirit and soul to be healthily restored. With his strong faith in the Lord and in Sea Turtle Ministries, Chris is convinced that personal transformation will happen!
Chris worked in the field of environmental protection and management for three decades.
Marit Barber, Assistant Director
Marit is from Atlantic Beach, NC, and moved to Charleston in August 2018. She received her bachelor’s degree in social work from Appalachian State and her master’s degree in social work from UNC-Chapel Hill. She is passionate about the issue of human trafficking and has a heart for young women who need to experience the freedom and healing that Jesus offers! Her role at Sea Turtle Ministries utilizes her social work training in non-profit program development and her experience in administration. Marit loves traveling, good food, and her golden retriever, Scout! In her spare time, she works as a wedding and portrait photographer. She is excited to be part of the Sea Turtle tribe and can’t wait to see what God does in Charleston through STM!
Erin Didyoung, Marketing & Events Coordinator
Erin is from Blythewood, SC, and moved to Charleston in July of 2016. She received her Bachelor of Arts from Columbia College in Integrated Marketing Communications with a Leadership and Dance Minor and is certified in Event Coordinating. She originally moved to Charleston to produce festivals, but recently felt called into full-time ministry. She’s been a life-group leader in Seacoast and Sea Turtle Ministries for 3 years. Her heart is for this generation to know their identity in Christ and for them to pursue all He has for their lives. She loves playing with her dog Emma, going on random adventures with her friends, dancing, and working out. She is very excited to help STM grow and pour into the community.
Suzi Vallez – Sheldon, Mentor
Suzi is a born leader. God has created her to pour into all those that are around her. She has a special way of making everyone feel important. Suzi is a kindergarten teacher at Mount Pleasant Academy. She knew the Lord was calling her to education well before she entered college and since then has been using her gifts to love and teach the cute little kiddos of the world! Not only did she play soccer in college, but she has furthered her love for the sport while coaching a high school girls soccer team. Suzi has a passion for leading young girls in the classroom, players on the field, and women in her community group. Not to mention, she is just the sweetest soul! Her leadership in the Sea Turtle tribe will never go unnoticed.
Suzi graduated from College of Charleston with a BS in Early Childhood and in Elementary Education.
LIFE Group Leadership Team
Drake Weatherall, Co-Ed LIFE Group Leader
- Hometown: Grand Rapids, MI
- College: the University of Texas at Arlington
- Job/Title: Logistics specialist – US Navy
- Years in Charleston: 2.5 years
- Passionate about: Helping others grow in faith through music and mental health.
Brooke Deloach, Women’s College LIFE Group Leader
- Hometown: Fleming, GA
- College: University of Georgia (2019)
- Job/Title: Foster Care Caseworker at Lifeline Children’s Services
- Years in Charleston: 1 year
- Passionate about: James 1:27— people knowing that God is a good and faithful Father
Things I love: Horseback riding, Colorado, icecream, English breakfast tea
Eden Fisseha, Chs Prays LIFE Group Leader
- Hometown: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- College: Charleston Southern University (2019), Medical University of South Carolina (2020)
- Job/Title: Public Health Intern for Sea Turtle Ministries and Home Care Aide for Heavenly Hearts Care
- Years in Charleston: 5 years
- Passionate about: Helping youth and young adults have the correct mindset about their sexual and reproductive health, helping women overcome porn and masturbation, and providing resources to them
James Brooks, Men’s LIFE Group Leader
- Hometown: Mt. Pleasant, SC
- College: College of Charleston (2014)
- Job/Title: Wildlife Biologist
- Years in Charleston: Charleston native!
- Passionate about: Raising up leaders who can lead in all aspects of life through Jesus
- Things I love: Being outdoors, the sea, adventures
Marshall Haas, Men’s LIFE Group Leader
- Hometown: Tampa, FL
- College: The Citadel Class of 2015
- Job/Title: Technical Recruiter
- Years in Charleston: 10 years living in CHS
- Passionate about: Passionate about sharing knowledge and watching others grow and develop in their faith and in life.
- Things I love: Beach, gym/sports, reading, and travel.
Kyle Sheldon, Men’s LIFE Group Leader
- Hometown: Charleston, SC
- College: University of South Carolina (2016)
- Job/Title: Financial Analyst
- Years in Charleston: Charleston native!
- Passionate about: Men chasing God’s heart and having an authentic relationship with Him
- Things I love: Backpacking, nature, business, community (community of guys pursuing a like-minded mission)