Do you feel God calling you to lead? Have you grown through some trials and now feel God wants you to help lead others through those same challenges?
We equip, train, and encourage college students and young adults, to be leaders in the church and in our community. We offer multiple ways for young adults to step into leadership roles. This may look like co-leading a Life-Group, assisting Life-Group leaders, mentoring and discipleship, leading teams that serve the homeless or serve at worship gatherings.
If this sounds like you, we are so excited to come alongside you as you step up to lead others closer to Christ. Our vision at Sea Turtle Ministries is for all to truly know and have a personal relationship with Jesus and to find their purpose in the One who created them.
We do this by the following:
Leadership: To redeem means to buy something back and restore it to its original intent. God is in the business of redeeming the lives of His children. We know that the greatest thing we can do for another person is to show them just how much God loves them and desires to have an intimate relationship with them, despite their sin and brokenness. Jesus died for us in order to set us free and absolutely nothing can separate us from His love if we’ve put our faith, trust, and hope in Him!
Grow: Once a person gives their life to Christ, we want to help them grow in their relationship with God and help them discover and develop their purpose.
Go: Finally, we want to go where God sends us. We believe He wants to use us to bring redemption to others and help them grow to be lifelong followers of Jesus.
Team Leader Commitments:
- Fulfill the duties of your role for the entirety of each semester you commit to lead.
- Be faithful to fully own and execute the role in which you are assigned.
- Attend your Sea Turtle Ministries Life Group regularly.
- Meet weekly with your assigned leader coach.
- Attend your team’s planning time(s) regularly.
- Attend all Sea Turtle Ministries monthly leadership training meetings.
- Attend one leadership event per year such as Catalyst, Passion, Chosen, GLS, etc.
Personal commitment as a leader:
- Actively seek to know Christ more intimately.
- Work to create a safe environment that is full of God’s love and grace.
- Welcome others to come as they are, accepting that we all are works in progress.
- Be humble, teachable, and have a desire to learn from others.
- Desire to grow spiritually and in discipleship.
Team leaders have moral integrity- seeking to be above reproach in areas such as alcohol, drugs, gossip, sexual purity, cursing, divisive speech, etc. – read Galatians 5:13-26!
NOTE: This includes your behavior, speech, and appearance on social media. We cannot stress this enough. Above all, seek what is good, kind, true- what exudes modesty and promotes unity. As a leader, you represent not only yourself but also Sea Turtle Ministries and the body of Christ. We are called to look and act differently than the world!